Sunday

Phoenix 07

(Mavs/Nash Trip #4)
Day 1

This year’s trip started out with a 2-hour delay, most of it was sitting out on the runway waiting for the storms to pass Friday afternoon. Oddly, the plane ended up taking off while it was raining and lightning everywhere. Has a plane ever been hit by lightning? I need to research that. But seeing lightning storm from up above is electrifying. Ha, ha.



Day 2

As for Phoenix, we (my mom and I) didn’t see that much of it. We spent Saturday on an all day trip to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. The red rocks in Sedona were beautiful. I don’t think I could live there though. All the homes were in these muted earth tones, and I bet that red dust sucks when it’s windy. But the mountains… the mountains would be great to look at. One of my favorite things about trips is being around different people. I don’t think I’ve been to a place yet in America where all types of foreigners flock to. At the Grand Canyon, tons of different people even black people with British accents. The Grand Canyon almost looks fake, like something they created in Hollywood, because of its size. I can’t say that it changed my life. However, to me it made my life span seem short. It will remain long after I’ve gone.



Day 3

But on to more important matters… the basketball game. This trip was different from the rest since I normally go see Dallas and Phoenix play in a different city against the same opponent, not them facing off against each other. I didn’t feel that I got all the quality Steve Nash time I needed for worrying about the pick and roll that the Mavs kept switching and letting Stoudamire stroll down the lane and why was Terry guarding Boris Diaw. And why did Avery leave Dirk in, when his ankle was obviously bothering him. Tell him, “Nein, sitzen sie in das Stuhl.” The Phoenix fans we sat by were so nice and friendly. They love their Suns and worship Steve Nash like an ex-girlfriend who broke up with him, saw him with a hot new girl and decided they wanted him back. At the airport, there were about 10-15 of us in or sad Mavs jerseys waiting to go back home. I didn’t mention today, April 1, 2007, is my 30th birthday.

On iPod:
- "Taking the Long Way" (Dixie Chicks)
- "Shake It Off" (Mariah Carey)
- "Man I Feel Like I Woman" (Shania Twain)
- "Lullaby" (Dixie Chicks)
- "Ten Years Gone" (Led Zeppelin)
- "Michelle"(Ben Harper)
- "We're Going To Be Friends" (White Stripes)
- "Home" (Dixie Chicks)

No comments: